Currently the CNX route servers supports multiple communities that can be used to affect how routes are propagated to CNX members.
See the automatically generated route server policy for details.
RFC8092 Large Communities are supported on all route servers.
We recommend the use of large communities where possible since they can be used for CNX members with 32-bit ASN.
Some of the supported standard communities include:
- 0:ASN – do not advertise route to peer
- 65281:ASN – add NO_EXPORT to peer
- The well-known community 65535:0 (graceful shutdown) is supported.
Some of the supported large communities include:
- 132213:0:ASN – do not advertise route to peer
- 132213:65281:ASN – add NO_EXPORT to peer