A Private Interconnect (PI) enables direct traffic exchange between two networks over a dedicated VLAN on the CNX infrastructure. The Private Interconnect VLAN can be implemented either on a dedicated port or on an existing port with (802.1) Q-tagging.
A PI connection has two parties, both must be CNX connected networks. A port with 802.1Q tagging can participate in more then one PI.
- CNX will assign a private VLAN
- CNX will configure both port in the PI with the VLAN
- CNX does not assign IP addresses in the PI LANs. This is up to the participating parties
- Customers may connect to a PI using a dedicated port, or using an existing port with a chosen 802.1Q tag
- We do not allow multiple MAC address on the port, traffic from PI LANs should be from the same MAC address
- Both parties can contact CNX NOC in case of problems
See our pricing page for details on service fees.