A Private Interconnect (PI) enables direct traffic exchange between two networks over a dedicated connection on the CNX infrastructure. A Private Interconnection can be implemented either:
- on a dedicated port or
- on an existing port with (802.1) Q-tagging or
- physical cross-connection via fiber optics.
A PI connection has two parties, both must be CNX connected networks. A port with 802.1Q tagging can participate in more than one PI.
VLAN based PI
- CNX will assign a private VLAN
- CNX will configure both port in the PI with the same VLAN
- CNX can cross connect from ODF to equipment hosted at CNX within the same location
- CNX can cross connect between hosted equipment within the same location
- CNX does not assign IP addresses in the PI LANs. This is up to the participating parties
- Customers may connect to a PI using a dedicated port, or using an existing port with a chosen 802.1Q tag
- We do not allow multiple MAC address on the port, traffic from PI LANs should be from the same MAC address
- Both parties can contact CNX NOC in case of problems
See our pricing page for details on service fees.